- 1200 grams of broccoli florets
- 5 tablespoons of butter, divided into five portions
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons of flour without additives
- 360 ml of milk
- 230 grams of grated Stompetoren extra matured, divided into two portions
- 100 grams of crackers
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees. Bring a large pot of water with added salt to a boil over high heat. Add the broccoli and cook for four minutes, or cook until the broccoli is al dente.
2. Meanwhile, melt three tablespoons of butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and salt and cook for four minutes until the chopped onions are almost cooked. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add flour while stirring and cook for two minutes, stirring constantly. Then add milk while beating until a smooth mixture is formed. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat and simmer for two to three minutes until the mixture thickens. Then stir in 175 grams of Stompetoren until the cheese has melted and a smooth consistency is formed.
3. Place the broccoli in a 24 x 12.5 x 7.5 cm baking dish. Pour the sauce over the broccoli. Then melt the remaining two tablespoons of butter and stir in the cracker crumbs. Sprinkle the crumbs and the rest of the Stompetoren over the broccoli.
4. Bake for 30 minutes until broccoli is tender and crumbs are golden brown.